Monday, February 29, 2016

Re-Thinking Augustus Invictus

No, I wouldn't say I'm necessarily a supporter, but I'm getting less and less uncomfortable with the prospect of him representing the Libertarian Party as a candidate for US Senate. Why? Check out two things.

First, his latest speech. If he had given this speech at the beginning of his campaign rather than later, he might have de-fanged some of his most energetic opponents:



Secondly, his actual platform, which I've noticed neither Invictus himself or his supporters actually and actively promoting. Pretty damn libertarian (which is different than saying I agree with every jot and tittle).

If he sticks to that platform, then the rest of the issues that Libertarians have with him could turn out to just be useful conversation starters. There are worse things than having a controversial candidate.

No comments: