Thursday, May 28, 2015

An Explanation ...

English: Tamara Millay, Libertarian activist a...
English: Tamara Millay, Libertarian activist and U.S. House candidate. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Over the last few weeks, some of you may have noticed I'm not "around" blog-wise as much as I had been, and that I've made non-specific references to a "family medical situation." I was non-specific because I was waiting for someone else to be comfortable disclosing the details outside a very small circle of family and friends. Now that she has, I can tell you about it.

A couple of months ago, my wife (Tamara Millay) got her first mammogram. She was then called in for a second one to confirm the presence of something anomalous. Following that, a biopsy and a diagnosis of ductal carcinoma, aka DCIS or, in English, breast cancer. Since then, there's been an MRI, resulting in detection of something in the other breast, to be followed next week by yet another biopsy. Upcoming, of course, will be treatment -- surgery of some sort, radiation, etc.

So yeah, things have been less than fabulous around here lately. Fortunately, Tamara is a fighter and an optimist, and of course I'm doing all I can to be 1000% supportive, as are the kids, as we navigate through this. We all appreciate your positive thoughts and, if you are so inclined, prayers.

I'll continue to be as frequent/regular as I can with the blogging and podcasting and so forth, but obviously other things take precedence and priority right now.

No comments: