Saturday, April 25, 2015

Nice Score

Gainesville's "Friends of the Library" has the best semi-annual book sale I've ever seen. Today was the first day of the spring sale. I think I spent a total of six bucks, for which I got:


  • All three volumes of Neal Stephenson's Baroque trilogy (Quicksilver, The Confusion and The System of the World) -- the first volume in very nice trade paperback format, the other two in hardcover;
  • J. Neil Schulman's The Rainbow Cadenza;
  • L. Sprague de Camp's Lovecraft: A Biography; and
  • The 2013 edition of the Associated Press style guide.
I've been wanting to re-read the Stephenson and Schulman works for awhile. I didn't know the Lovecraft bio existed until I came across it. And the style guide always comes in handy (my most recent copy was the 2004 edition, so it seemed reasonable to update for $1.25).

No comments: