Sunday, April 15, 2012

Movie Night

Tamara wanted to see the 3D re-release of Titanic, and did.

The kids didn't want to see that, which meant that I didn't get to see it. Which was okay, since they settled on The Cabin in the Woods:




I see that spoilers are already starting to circulate, but I won't do that to you. You already know you're going to see it. I'll just confirm that it's a great, fun ride from Joss Whedon and Drew Goddard and leave it at that.

Problem: The Cabin in the Woods runs about an hour-and-a-half, while Titanic runs about three hours and the latter started 15 minutes after the former. Which gave us an hour-and-a-half and change to kill, with the stores and restaurants around the cinema closing just before the first movie got out.

I'm not naming the venue or the cinema, just so I don't get anyone in trouble: The ticket guy saw us waiting, knew what movie we'd gone into, knew what movie Tamara had gone into, and said "hey, The Three Stooges gets out about the same time as Titanic -- you guys can go watch it on the house if you'd like." So we did:




Which was really cool. If you like The Three Stooges (I do), I think you'll find it a faithful and funny adaptation worth seeing. I hadn't expected to catch it on the big screen. Bonus!

No comments: