Saturday, January 02, 2010

Where they are now

When people help me inflate my already oversized ego by name-checking me and making me look more influential than I am, I try to return the favor. Usually, I'm not actually giving as good as I'm getting because these guys are already more well-known than I am anyway, but it's worth the old college try. Three to whom I am in debt for perpetual reciprocal cyber-nods:



The Other McCain has moved from his perfectly serviceable Blogger site (rsmccain.blogspot.com) to a new WordPress installation.

NTTAWWT. OK, yes, there is something wrong with that. Nothing against WordPress (I use it for several sites I run), but it seems like a silly idea to me. When you've pulled down three million hits in two years at one location, the last thing you want to do is send all incoming main-page permalinks to a site that's not where you actually live any more.

On the other hand, I'm sure Stacy can be silly and wrong just as effectively on WordPress as he can on Blogger, IYKWIMAITYD.



David Weigel, late of Reason (and still, I believe, a contributing editor there) has been with The Washington Independent for awhile now, casting his gimlet eye on the doings of the American right in short form. Dirty job. Glad he's there to do it for all us sinners.



It's nice to see Liberty magazine putting more of the print edition's content online in the Liberty Unbound site's "free content" section. That way, when Andrew Ferguson name-checks me in the "Reflections" section, I can just link to it instead of having to lug the paper copy all over the place to show it off. You really should subscribe, though.

No comments: