Tuesday, January 05, 2010

OK, now I've got the re-theming bug

My original goal was to convert to "new Blogger" in a way that faithfully re-created KN@PPSTER's previous theme. Not quite there yet, and I think I'm going to take a break and consider just going in a whole new direction with layout, etc. If there's gotta be a change, might as well take it all the way.

Update: Still a lot of work to do on colors/background images, but it's starting to come together. I switched from the "Rounders 4" theme to the plain "Rounders" because The Blogger Guide had a nifty tutorial for putting in two right sidebars (they had a two-sidebar tutorial for "Rounders 4," but it was one right, one left). I'm not big on the pastel green and blue thing, so I'll keep fiddling with it.

I seem to have already broken the Disqus commenting -- it's there, but it no longer shows comment counts, just "view comments." Any ideas? I'll see if they have a FAQ that covers it.

Update, 01/07/10: After diddling around quite a bit, I haven't figured out a way to get Disqus commenting back to the format I want (displaying comment counts, etc.). I also can't tell if the old comments have imported yet (I don't think they have).

It looks like the only way I'm going to get where I want to go in general is to revert to the old "classic" template and start the upgrade from scratch. Which I will now do. Hopefully I can properly re-implement Disqus (or Intense Debate -- I may try that this go-around) AND restore the old comments AND keep the few comments that have come in since the upgrade.

No comments: