Sunday, September 13, 2009

Evidence locker

Paint scrapings on TwitpicIf you don't mind too terribly much, leave a comment on this post and mention the photo of paint scrapings.

Yes, I know it's a strange request, so I'll explain myself.

The government which rules the city in which I live sends a bureaucrat around town to do an annual "exterior inspection" in May, then mails residents a list of things they have to do, upon pain of being ticketed and fined if those things are not done by late September. This year, one of those items relating to my home was "scrape and paint garage." (No, it's not Pyongyang, but I have on occasion suggested that a measure be placed on the ballot to so re-name it).

I have scraped. For 3 1/2 hours, in fact, have I scraped.

And I have painted (first coat's on, second later today).

It's an old garage, made of old wood. It looks much better with a new paint job, but paranoid me that I am, I just have this premonition that when the bureaucrat comes back around, he may decide that, in his indispensable professional opinion, it wasn't scraped.

So, I want to be able to prove to some reasonable degree of certainty that it was. Thus the photo (I wish I'd thought to photograph the actual garage after the scraping and before the painting, but I didn't, so a pic of the scrapings will just have to do), the twitpic-ing of said photo, the blog entry, and the request for comments. All of which are or will be, of course, tagged with a date, with four different entities (my cell phone provider, Twitter/Twitpic, Blogger and Haloscan) handling said date-tagging. Also Google's cache, etc. Which should be sufficient to convince any reasonable person that:

a) there was scraping; and

b) the scraping took place on or before today, September 13th, 2009, as opposed to some subsequent date that might fall after the deadline for complying with the regime's demands.

Like I said, I'm paranoid. Also, I'm desperate for blog fodder. Or was, anyway. Not so much now, I guess.

No comments: