Thursday, April 09, 2009

Lights! Agora! Camera! Anarchy! Action!

Sez J. Neil Schulman:

Recently I have been focusing my attention on taking my 1979 novel of American economic meltdown and consequent libertarian revolution, Alongside Night, off the backlist shelf where it has been sitting for many years. By expanding its story into new media -- in particular a new screenplay intended to be my second outing as a film director -- I intend to launch Alongside Night into the mass pop culture, where its expanded audience can decide if they want the world to continue in the direction of one-world fascism, or make a break with the current trends and declare themselves for individual liberty.


If you haven't read Alongside Night, you need to. If you've read it, no time like the present (really!) for a re-read.

Click here for more information on the book and for various purchase/edition options. I just bought the PDF edition (we already have the hardback at home, but it never hurts to have a backup), and it looks well-done -- Schulman is, among other things, one of the pioneers of e-publishing.

If you're coming to the Boston Tea Party's "meatspace gathering" in Kansas City this May, bring your copy along. I understand Neil will be there to screen his first feature film, Lady Magdalene's, so you might be able to swing an autograph.

No comments: