Friday, February 06, 2009

Busted show ...

Sorry, folks ... today's show just didn't work out.

I think the technical difficulties were on NowLive's end. I was able to call in, and my voice went out, but their system didn't recognize callers so that I could get the guest (Darcy Richardson) "on the air," nor did any of the canned audio/video I tried to play seem to actually make it into the broadcast audio.

I'll try again for next week -- with Darcy if he's available, with another guest or panel if not. In the meantime, check out his site (linked above) and consider ordering one or more of his books.

On that note, I attest that Others is damn good stuff -- sweeping in scope, and written in style evocative of Shelby Foote's The Civil War: A Narrative and Will and Ariel Durant's The Story of Civilization. If you're interested in third party politics in America, you're going to fall in love with it -- four volumes so far, three more coming.

He also has at least two forthcoming works apart from that series -- a second book on Eugene McCarthy's presidential campaigns (he's already written one on the 1968 campaign), and something tentatively and tantalizingly titled Collapse: How the Managerial Class Plunged the Nation into the Greatest Depression.

No comments: