Thursday, September 04, 2008

For those who were worried ...

... about the rather expansive terms in Google Chrome's EULA, Daily Tech reports that Google will be changing the language.

I didn't find the thing especially threatening in the first place as most of the stuff I post to the web is already licensed under similar terms to anyone and everyone anyway. And hey, if Google decides to assimilate all of us, it's probably a done deal. Better them than Micro$haft, sez me.

As a side note, I'm continuing to like and use Chrome. The final test was last night:

Could I produce an edition of RRND/FND in it from start to finish? The answer turned out to be "yes, except for one small thing." When creating the email editions, I generally do a copy and paste thingumbob, and in Chrome (unlike in Firefox) for some reason extra line breaks between the headline and the blurb text aren't preserved. So, I had to open up a Firefox window for about five seconds. Other than that, no complaints at all.

No comments: