Friday, July 15, 2005

Perhaps I failed to make myself perfectly clear ...

... so I'll try again.

When I posted "I'm going to win a blog design from Digitally Essential!" ...

I meant it.

Really.

As you can imagine, I'm somewhat perturbed to see that other sites are also putting up, or considering putting up, posts titled "I'm going to win a blog design from Digitally Essential!", complete with haiku and all that stuff.

Sites including, but possibly not limited to:

Life with 4 Kids and a Dog
The Weiner Dog Report
Beuphemia
Ho Hum What?
The Grass Isn't Greener
Movie Reviews
woodnotwood
Fighting Inertia
A TiggerMom's Life
Beer Haiku Daily
Chris and Her Crew

and

Sanity's Bluff

Quit wasting your time, folks. I told you once, don't make me tell you again: "I'm going to win a blog design from Digitally Essential!". Don't make me pull this car over ...

Oh, hell ... I just publicized my competition, didn't I? I just gave them an edge in the quest to elicit blog design goodness from Mrs. Flinger and The Greek Goddess of Digitally Essential.

I'm going to have to get a better strategy than linking to my opponents, I guess. After all, if I link to them, people might be tempted to click, visit and read. Disaster would surely ensue. I might even lose. What do you people think this is supposed to be, a good-natured exercise in cross-linking and mutual promotion or something? Bah! Battle to the death! Pyramids of skulls and burning blogvillages!

Now go, and haiku no more, or I just might get surly.

No comments: