Saturday, July 02, 2005

I've got mail

For those of you who read Kn@ppster and wonder why it takes forever to get a reply from me via email when you send a message ... well, it's like this:

- I get somewhere between 1,500 and 2,000 messages a day. Actually, more -- my minimal spam filter catches about a thousand.

- Of the 1,500 to 2,000 messages that get past my filters, another 500-1,000 are either obvious spam, pro forma notices from servers and such, or digests of email discussion lists that I don't strictly have to read.

- That leaves 500 to 1,000 that could, conceivably, be real messages from real people with whom I am interested in corresponding.

I try to keep up, but it's not easy.

If I tightened my spam filters up, then I'd lose real messages (I think I lose a few already).

If I kept up with my email, I'd never get anything else done.

So please ... relax and be patient if you're waiting for a reply -- unless you're the asshole who keeps writing to tell me that I really need some device to enlarge my penis, that is. You can just give up. I don't need to enlarge my penis. Granted, it's only about as big around as a beer can ... but it's pretty long.

No comments: