Friday, June 17, 2005

These are a few of my favorite things

Not all of them, of course. Just a few. I've been trying to do the "give credit where credit is due" thing ever since starting this blog (with BlogProps, BlogClips, etc.), but I never seem to catch up, and often my selections link to the more ephemeral side of things -- one-shot posts or single threads. So, I'm going to start posting occasionally and just mentioning two or three sites that I appreciate. Today:

better-thinking.net's random thoughts is a great ongoing compendium of interesting tidbits. I actually stop by there less often than I'd like to, simply because I have my own roundup gig, and I don't want to go all brain sluggy from having my work done for me. So, it's a guilty pleasure.

I really, really, really do not generally like "fiction blogs," but John Newnham's Final Cut is the exception that proves the rule. I don't know what his longer work looks like (yet), but the blog entries are generally short, well-rendered cut scenes that are interesting in themselves and hint at fine back story, later story or larger story. I've had the pleasure of interacting with the author in "non-fiction political/philosophical mode" over at Solo, an Objectivist forum, and so I also happen to know that he's a mensch. I do have to wonder, however, how much blog-originated email he gets from Randroids evaluating his "sense of life" on the basis of their esthetic judgments of his fiction.

And, of course, there's the latest in an all-too-short line of women who want to get all fertile and stuff with moi. Had to get that one in there. But, seriously, I've known Sunni Maravillosa (and her husband, Lobo) for several years, since working with them on Free-Market.Net. It's a nice win-win situation right now, since I got to pick up additional circulation for that aforementioned roundup gig, simultaneously freeing Sunni's time up to do cool things for the rest of the universe with her blog and, lately, with Sunni's Salon.

Which should, of course, lead into a mention of Tom Ender, Endervidualism and Ender's Review of the Web, and from there to ... well, you get the idea. But I have to stop somewhere, at least for now. So I will.

-----
Technorati Tags: ,

No comments: